With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Thursday, January 3, 2013

A few cards (Helmar/Meg's Garden)

I'm not typically a card maker but lately they are sneaking their way into my life. First up is a card I made to MYSELF, using the January Helmar Challenge as inspiration. I used a beautiful paper from Meg's Garden "The Spring Paisley" collection and I attached a transparency butterfly (also from Meg's Garden) with clear Helmar Zapdots. The pretty flowers were glued on with Helmar 450 quick dry.


This is the challenge for this month and I chose a peachy orange and teal blue. My list is actually inside the card and with an extremely personal top 5 things I need to work on. I plan to keep this card sitting on my home desk to remind me each day of the important life goals I have set for myself.  Don't forget to check out the Helmar Challenge details and enter to win some gluey goodness!

Next, is a card I made using Pion Design's "Play Time" collection. I gave this card to my parents for Christmas. It contains a special message on the tag and vouchers for a romantic sunset hot air balloon ride with champagne. This is probably the coolest Christmas present I have ever given them. I had to take a quick snap of it on Christmas Eve before giving it away and it was terribly gloomy by the end of the day.

I used Helmar's premium craft glue on the paper layers and the 450 quick dry on the flowers.


7 comments:

ania said...

Wspaniałe prace:))

MichelleMc said...

What beautiful projects!! Love the colors on your card! Your tag is fantastic!

Gitte said...

Beautiful cards. :-)

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous teal and orange combination - and I hope you succeed with your private list... Lovely Pion tag piece too! Happy New Year!
Alison x

Keren Tamir said...

love the cards Vicky!! amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Vicky! Beautiful! Love your shabbychic creations! Oh and I dont know if I have congratulated you on becoming part of Dusty DT! Congrats!!!!

Adriana B said...

beautiful card Vicki, :)
are you at CHA this year? :)